Old 31-07-2010, 05:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Four Fish Book

In article ,
says...

Bill who putters wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/books/review/Sifton-t.html?_r=1&nl=books&emc=booksupdateema1

I walk away from the review thinking about the last wild food.

Yeah, well, I think about that dead asshole who wrote "Stalking the
Wild Asparagus" and laugh. Or dead-ass Adele Davis. LOL! But, what the
hell: They sold a lot of books to the gullible and I guess that's what
really matters in this America.

I read St. Euell when I was 12 and Bradford Angier about the same time
IIRC.

I was lucky to have my Gramdma, farm girl, one-room schoolteacher and
later farm wife to identify things for me or I'd almost certainly have
poisoned myself several times over

There's nothing wrong with the books. They were part of a milieu with no
clieu(sic). Things change. Times change. People learn a bit more.

Most good ideas if they're overused become bad ideas precisely because
things change.

Hey! What-the-hell's wrong with you? If you're going to offer a
citation requiring "registration", at least provide us with a username
and password. I can't imagine that the NYT, in this lifetime, would
possibly publish anything of sufficient import to justify actually
"registering" at its website.

Tried all the links. Saw no sign of the need to register.