Old 31-07-2010, 06:13 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Gardens and water management

In article ,
Ross McKay wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 00:12:02 +1000, "David Hare-Scott" wrote:

As I said when I started this: water in this country is a complex subject, I
didn't cover more than one quarter and that was superficial. If they can
stay out of the local political issues those who read Turnbull's extract
here may get some more of an idea of the complexities. El Nino (La Nina)
can twist your life any way you didn't want it twisted if you live in
eastern Oz.

Indeed. And you'd have a far better grasp of that than I would, living
off tank water and what you're allowed to water your veges and trees
with. It is much easier for me to pontificate when connected to a steady
municipal supply

Turnbull (who is OUT incidentally) has a brain and uses it unlike most of
the current crop from both sides of the parliament.

Yes, and that would be why he's unpopular with the current crop of
knuckle-draggers in his party. That, and being told to dump him by the
anti-ETS lobby groups. (The issue that has knobbled two Prime Ministers
and two opposition leaders... so far)

I wanted to say, that's a beautiful bay you have next to Toronto :O)
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude