Old 31-07-2010, 09:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_2_] Ian B[_2_] is offline

Default Favourite veg

"Escargo" wrote in message
My 7yo daughter has participated in her school veggie garden project, and
she and all her year class have a questionere asking their family which 3
veg they consider is the most popular, and it got me thinking what is the
most popular with us, as a nation.

Mine are New potatoes, broad beans, brussels sprouts.

My wife says runner beans, tomatoes, parsnip.

My mum and dad say anything that is in the garden waiting to be
picked.(not
an answer but in the tick other box)

I wondered what this groups preferences are.

My home grown new potatoes which, despite being "seeded" from a bag from
Sainsburys, tasted much better

I'm also very fond of what are sold in shops as "fine beans" but I have no
idea what a "fine" bean is or whether I could grow one at home. My dad gave
me a runner bean, but all it's done so far is to produce some nice red
flowers, which are very pretty, but I'm wondering when the bean part starts
happening.

Ian