Old 01-08-2010, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Donnie[_2_] Donnie[_2_] is offline

Default Apple Tree problems :-/

Sacha wrote:

I have to wonder why you didn't ask advice before you cut it back so
severely? A little at a time is a the preferred method. As it will
be in the way of your shed when and if, it puts out new growth why
not just cut it down altogether?

No actually 2 reasons I didnt cut it down altogether.

1. It was an access issue for the new shed, I didnt need advice on how
to get a shed built past it and the reason for not cutting it down
altogether was that I thought I would give it a chance knowing it will
come back in years to come where I will be able to make a concious
effort to shape it to its surroundings.

and

2. I didn't have a big enough saw to cut the whole thing down, simple
as that.
--
Donnie