Old 01-08-2010, 02:58 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Travis Travis is offline

Default Squash/zucchini/pumpkin flower ID please

On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 11:19:22 -0400, tenman wrote:

I have a volunteer floweriing in the back yard. I have never grown any
members of this group so it must have come from a bird or some other
vector. Anyone know what it is? Flower is 5-6" across, largest leaf is
9" across. Flower is actually sulfur yellow but I can't seem to get the
pic color right. It hd one flower close already but it just dropped off
instead of forming any sort of fruit.

Something in the squash family by the looks of the leaves and flower.

--

Travis in Shoreline Washington