Old 01-08-2010, 08:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
aquachimp aquachimp is offline

Default question about insurance

On Jul 31, 9:12*pm, Janet wrote:
In article umH4o.2$5z7.1@hurricane,
says...

t isn't always

easy to demand to see insurance documents from tradesmen.

I've never found that and I always ask.In my experience, any *
professionals who use ladders or chainsaws etc, are well used to
requests to show their insurance cover certificate (at fair notice) and
very happy to do so because it marks them out from the cowboys.

* *So does owning and using their own tools and ladders.

* *Janet

Asking is not a problem; If it is, then there is a problem!

I used to make copies of mine to have them at the ready and with the
regular custom of larger properties I used to just supply one "for
your records".

I'm guessing that in this case, "part time" gardener has probably got
some sort of private medical insurance... not public liability. So if
asked have you insurance. "Oh, yes, of course" (-:
Either that, or he does have the insurance, but for the other half of
that "part time" bit.