Old 01-08-2010, 09:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
martin martin is offline

Default Pub sign

On 31/07/10 20:00, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Going through Tadley near Burghclere in Berkshire we stopped at a pub
called the Pineapple (we were on our way to Penwood Nursery)
Very olde worlde and atmospheric but Very Strange thing - the pub sign,
well painted and clear had The Pineapple on it and a large picture of a
pine cone!

Penwood nursery is well worth visiting, enormous trees of all shapes and
sizes and every rarer one too! Plants were really well grown, no
toiltes/play area/shop/amusments/restaurant - just a barn to pay in.
Shrubs and perennials had a sort of very large cabbage 'collar' on them
to stop weeds in the pots.
Prices were reasonable and people knew what they were doing. Last sight
was one of a couple trying valiantly to get a standard wisteria into
their car

Janet

There may be an old photograph of it here.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/A...pson&cid=-1#-1

If you find out how to access the photos free do tell us.