Old 01-08-2010, 05:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Four Fish Book

In article ,
Balvenieman wrote:

Bill who putters wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/01/bo...r=1&nl=books&e
mc=booksupdateema1

I walk away from the review thinking about the last wild food.

Yeah, well, I think about that dead asshole who wrote "Stalking the
Wild Asparagus" and laugh. Or dead-ass Adele Davis. LOL! But, what the
hell: They sold a lot of books to the gullible and I guess that's what
really matters in this America.

Funny, I was thinking that in your case they were casting pearls before
the swine. Euell Gibbons made the point that food didn't have to come
wrapped in cellophane to be food, and Adele Davis reminded people that
processed food is impoverished food. (Just check-out the USDA Nutrient
Database to see the difference between white wheat flour and whole grain
wheat flour.)

You could have offered criticism of their views, e.g. Gibbons adding
white sugar to his foraged foods, but no, you used vacuous invectives,
and added nothing but rudeness to the conversation.

Hey! What-the-hell's wrong with you? If you're going to offer a
citation requiring "registration", at least provide us with a username
and password. I can't imagine that the NYT, in this lifetime, would
possibly publish anything of sufficient import to justify actually
"registering" at its website.

And if you had even an iota of wit about you would have found reviews
for "Four Fish" at Amazon by the author, and by several readers, which
apparently you are not.
http://www.amazon.com/Four-Fish-Futu...2567/ref=sr_1_
1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280678094&sr=1-1

Rising populations, unsustainable food, environmental degradation, and
Global Warming, all based on fossil fuels are of no concern to you
because . . . .
there is no one else that you care about?

Some of us have family that we will leave behind, who will have to deal
with the problems that you'd rather not think about.
--
the Balvenieman
USDA zone 9b, peninsular Florida, U.S.A.

I see you're not passing yourself off as a hippie anymore, just your
average sociopath.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude