Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Richmond

Default cloudy green water - what is the Daphnia cure?

I have a planted tank with fish. Saturday I did a gravel vacuum and
broke one of my Jobe spikes. I've read on this list that breaking a
spike can result in green water....well, my water started to cloud up
immediately and now has a green tinge to it.

I've also read on this list that their is a cure using Daphnia to
gobble them up. Could someone please post the instructions.

Cindy,

Few months back I had this problem for a period of 6 weeks. My
suggestion to you would be fix your Jobe Spike exposure, reduce
fertilizer and plant more fast growing plants. That will clear your
green water.

Again dont spend on UV or Daphnia, just get more plants.

Dominic
http://www.dlink.org/aqua/index.html