Old 02-08-2010, 07:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default What is best to do over winter?

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article ,
anthony123hopki wrote:

Hi

As I eat my way through this years summer veg I am thinking about the
over-wintering situation.

I don't have enough space to both over winter some veg (which I would
like to do), and dig in lots of well rotten manure and leave till
spring.

I guess I could just chuck in loads of fertilizer, but I would rather
not.

I have 3 beds, on a rotational system.

Any advice on how I can have my cake and eat it much appreciated.

Read, learn and plan for spring

And you might consider putting in a PVC hoophouse.
http://westsidegardener.com/howto/hoophouse.html
Otherwise Brassica (kale, cabbage, Brussels sprouts, broccoli,
cauliflower), beets, parsnips, lettuce, spinach. All, but the last two,
get sweeter in the cold.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude