Old 02-08-2010, 07:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default What Stage Should Sweet Corn Be At?

harry wrote:
Mine are 5 or 6 feet high and the cobs are pollinated (tassels on cobs
turning brown) Should be ready in a couple of weeks. I am irrigating
regularly. I chuck loads of compost round them too.

Ours are pollinated, but surprisingly short still. The baby sweetcorn are
taller, but appear to have no fruit.

We tried planting through weed blanket this year (pretty much everything
planted in the past month or two has, not sure why, but that's not my area
or decision making place)