Old 03-08-2010, 02:12 AM posted to rec.gardens
Una Una is offline

Default Trees to create privacy?

buckman wrote:
We are in Notts UK, and have a large house, come hotel at the end of our
garden, so anything that creates a screen but also lets a little
sunlight in..? (at the end of the day as it will be west facing)

I think you mean you are in the middle interior of England, your lot
runs east-west, and your west neighbor is a large house cum hotel?

So how tall does the vegetation need to be to screen out the neighbor?
The neighbor's windows, to be exact. That's the target height you want,
yes? As the neighbor is there year round, you want an evergreen, yes?

Too bad you took out the Leylandii; you could have cut them back. Did
you pull out the stumps?

Una