Old 03-08-2010, 03:51 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill who putters Bill who putters is offline

Default Preservative for cut flowers in vase.

In article
,
"Pete E. Kruzer" wrote:

On Aug 2, 9:30*am, Bill who putters wrote:

http://chemistry.about.com/od/chemis...cutflowers.htm

--

Thanks for the chemistry site. Very interesting.

Some where buried about in books not frequently looked at I have a
1948 garden series much like the time life series from ~ 1972. Anyway
one whole book dealt with Flower arrangements and preservation. The
chapters deal with Japanese flower arrangements also deal with esthetics
and info on doing the cuts some just cut some burnt. This is a wonderful
art info book. I'll try to find the book which may be in my bedroom and
give you the ISBN # but this was before ISNB #s. )) This will take
time as I need help getting to it.

--
Bill S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
What use one more wake up call?