Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM

Default unable to detect iron in pmdd

Are you recommending changing the ratio of the trace mix portion of
PMDD to 3?

Greg

I do not mix the traces together with other chemicals.
You could do what you suggested I suppose.

I add these dry:

KNO3 1-3x a week depending on lighting, fish load etc
K2SO4 once a week after water
KH2PO4 1-3x week dependening on fish load/lighting etc

The traces I dilute 2 tablespoons in 500mls of DI water and use that.
Traces 1-3 x a week depending on light/fish load etc.

There is no daily dosing, you don't need to do it every day. You gain
nothign as faras better plant growth or less algae growth. Once
every2-3 days etc is fine.

It's easier to store and you can modifed the ratio of NPK macro
nutrients to suit your tank and tap water.

It's no harder than dosing PMDD. And it is very flexible. Some folks
need PO4, some need more NO3 etc.
Dissolving K2SO4 can be tough if you have granular forms.

Regards,
Tom Barr