Old 04-08-2010, 09:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Craven Craven is offline

Default cactus turning brown - suspect overwatering

Hi, I have a very old cactus that I don't water often.

I noticed this week the new growth at the top is going brown (an
unhealthy brown) on one side. The cactus is about 3.5 foot tall - the
last 5" are affected.

I suspect it's overwatering as it turns out someone has been watering it
for me (a kind gesture but...).

Obviously I'll stop watering it for a while... a long while!

Does anyone know if they generally recover? I've never been in this
situation before.

Thanks a lot,

Craven.