Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
redled

Default About NUTRAFIN CO2 Natural Plant System

In both my 10 and 55 gallon tanks I just use the upturned cup method and it
works very well. If you can figure out the right amount of surface area, you
can make it so that the CO2 level remains very constant, and there's no danger
of over injecting because any time you put in more than the cup can hold it
just bubbles out. Also, surface area of the cup, not volume, is important, so
it is easy to make a small, inconspicuous system for your tank if you use
something that's shallow at the top of your tank, like part of a tupperware
container. I put mine under the outflow of my overhang filters. I think that
the greater water flow here makes the system more efficient. Oh yeah, the
main reason why I use this method is it makes no noise.

In article , "Da' Fishboy"
wrote:
The fuzzy looking growth that you see is mostly likely a yeast culture. The
"spray" from the yeast culture releases a small amount of yeast spores in to
the CO2. You can see these particals dance into the water during a
release of built up CO2 gases.

I have used both aquaclear method and a hose into the intake of a power
head. I use a penguin 660R powerhead with sponge filter attached. I can
place this under the water surface and it does a great job of diffusing the
CO2 w/o to much annoying rattle. The aquaclear solution just about drove me
batty. lol

My two cents,

Earl
"Francisco Caamaño" wrote in message
. ..
I had a DIY CO2 and it kept giving me problems, has anybody used the
NUTRAFIN CO2 Natural Plant System ??? is it any good ????

http://www.hagen.com/canada/english/...co2system.html

Thanks ...

__
"Insert witty comment here."