Old 05-08-2010, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CT CT is offline

Default At last

Kate Morgan wrote:

I picked the first tomato`s this morning, the wait is over :-)))

Impatient Kate

I've had toms for a few weeks now, but I cheated and bought some
establshed plants from the garden centre back in May! In my defence, a
combination of moving house and a holiday meant that growing from seed
(or even very young plants) wasn't going to be an option this year.

Now that I have a shed (no greenhouse - yet!) I shall definitely try to
grow some from seed next year.

The previous owners of our new house did leave a tomato plant in the
garden, but it's only just flowering now so I'm not hopeful of it
amounting to very much.

--
Chris