Old 05-08-2010, 05:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
hugh hugh is offline

Default question about insurance

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article
,
aquachimp writes
I'm guessing that in this case, "part time" gardener has probably got
some sort of private medical insurance... not public liability. So if
asked have you insurance. "Oh, yes, of course" (-:
Either that, or he does have the insurance, but for the other half of
that "part time" bit.

That's what I thought from what she told me. i also think I was told so
that i might jump in and offer my help but the wisteria is up to
bedroom level and 1. I have never pruned a wisteria so don't feel
confident |i would make a good job and 2. I would not be covered as i
would only have my own insurance.

Janet

What a depressing thread. Is this what we are reduced to? Can't get a
wisteria pruned without a great debate about insurance and liability
just in case anything untoward happens. What about my window cleaner or
the people from the charity shop who come on to my property to collect a
bag of old clothes, the painter and decorator, the plumber, the Dyson
engineer etc etc. Must I ask them all for a certificate of insurance?
Seem so. How will I ever get anything done!!

--
hugh
common sense." Buddha