Old 05-08-2010, 06:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_2_] Broadback[_2_] is offline

Default New raspberries question

Having had my raspberries for a number of years I decided it was time
they were replaced. Last Winter I duly planted a number of stools. These
have grown well producing fine canes. Now my old raspberries have
finished the canes (as normal) are tatty and dead looking, with new
growth starting to show at the base. This is the time I would normally
cut them down, though this year they are being dug out. My question is
this, the new canes are strong and healthy, do I cut them down to make
room for the new canes which will crop next year, if so when? Or do I
leave them and they will crop on these canes next year?