Old 06-08-2010, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Zukes ond gender bias

Paul M. Cook wrote:
Is there some reason why a zuke plant would only put out male
flowers? I've so far gotten three HUGE zukes but all I see lately is
just new male flowers. There are quite a lot of them coming in but
no females? I may be overwatering. Could this be the cause?

Did anybody ever read a fantasy novel called "The Pollinators of Eden"?
It's about orchids who have gender biases and coopt humans into being their
pollinators.