Old 06-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Simon_Ash Simon_Ash is offline
Registered User

Hi Emery Davis,

I have always known this Snake Bark Maple to be an Acer Hersii, although the variety isn't really that important to me.

I have three other varieties of Maple & they are all doing well.

I planted it last May when it was five foot tall & at the time of the break in early June it was 9 foot so its almost doubled in height in a year.

As you seem more knowledgeable than the previous poster I have decided to go with your advice & not to cut it at all, I have smoothed the wound over as much as I can & have put in a supporting stake above the break but will be reinforcing that with another shortly.

Thanks for your help.

Simon.