Old 06-08-2010, 12:31 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Stubby[_3_] Stubby[_3_] is offline

Default best cash crop

On Aug 5, 5:37*am, anoanto wrote:
What garden vegetables make the best cash crop?

--
anoanto

Asparagus, leeks, beets. Tomatoes and cucumbers are now cost
effective because the stores are selling them by weight rather than
count now.

I don't grow egg plants, peppers, carrots, squashes and most of the
traditional garden vegetables. Too much work, too long growing
season, too much space. I avoid things that involve bending over or a
lot of weeding because of my back problems. And, I use black plastic
film as a mulch.