Old 06-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Butterfly Butterfly is offline
Registered User

Location: Nottingham UK

[/i][/color]
If it is just root damage due to the digging it will recover during its
dormant period this winter, if it is objecting to the sudden increase in
PH then its recovery may take longer. It may of course just have been the
dry year to date. but whatever, sit on your hands and do nothing (apart
from water if you think it could be very dry) See what happens in spring
before deciding what to do
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
ROSELAND HOUSE GARDEN & NURSERY

Yes I thought about the cement affecting it too. I have just watered it in the small soil area around the trunk and watered the leaves then I gave it 1.5 gallons of tomato feed as it had nitrogen in it. I'm thinking of taking the soil out of the trunk area so more water can get below the slabs as there are gaps under them. I'm then going to put some granite stones to replace the soil that wont fall into the gaps under the slabs. I could from time to time push the hose pipe under the slabs to get water further under there.

Would it help to trim the tree a bit seeing as its water has been greatly reduced?