Old 06-08-2010, 07:15 PM posted to sci.bio.misc,sci.bio.botany
Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] Archimedes Plutonium[_2_] is offline

Default genome of the elms, maples, dutch elm fungus Dutch Elm DiseaseHypothesis-- maples are hosts of the vectors

It is a shame we do not have the genome of the elms, the maples, the
beetles and fungus
of Dutch Elm Disease DED. For if we had the genome of all these
species, we may be able
to pinpoint why Siberian elm is DED resistant yet the other elms are
not resistant. If it we
could tell from the genome the causes, then we could instantly prove
or disprove this
Hypothesis that maples play a role in DED.

We should have some rules and regulations of genomic research, that
the species most endangered with extinction should be genome sequenced
as top priorities. The Rock Elm,
ulmus racemosa (thomasii) is threatened with extinction, and we should
make genome sequencing of Rock Elm a top priority.

Archimedes Plutonium
http://www.iw.net/~a_plutonium/