Old 06-08-2010, 05:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Martin Brown Martin Brown is offline

Default Citrus -Acid lovers /feed & water

On 06/08/2010 17:35, keith kent wrote:

wrote in message
Martin Brown wrote:
amount of chlorine added to it along the way (especially at weekends).

!

I am not over watering, but may be over doing it with the feed maybe .
I feed once every week or two and give them sequestered iron , are
citrus light feeders ?

I suspect you might be giving them a bit too much of both. I water when
I think they look too dry. In winter that is a lot less frequent than
weekly.

At this time of year they are having their outdoor summer holiday along
with the orchids and take their chances in the rain. If they get too dry
then I water and feed them. Citrus seem to prefer being allowed to get
quite dry before being watered again and drenched. Like cacti they don't
like wet feet and will sulk if left in standing water.

Regards,
Martin Brown