Old 06-08-2010, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
someone someone is offline

Default Burpless tasty green

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
I can vouch for 2 out of 3 :-)

I've grown these outdoor cucmbers on and off for the last several years
and it always amazes me how different they are from shop bought cucumbers.

Granted that the skin is hard and prickly, onece it has been shaved gently
with a potato peeler you get a realy delicious cucumber with a lot of
flesh and not too many seeds.

Possibly my favourite produce from the garden/allotment.

I lived in the U.S. for a while and there is a seed company there called
Burpee's, who did a cucumber called...wait for it...Burpee's Burpless!

http://www.seedman.com/cucumber.htm

someone