Old 07-08-2010, 05:14 AM posted to rec.gardens
Paul M. Cook Paul M. Cook is offline

Default Zukes ond gender bias

"Paul M. Cook" wrote in message
Is there some reason why a zuke plant would only put out male flowers?
I've so far gotten three HUGE zukes but all I see lately is just new male
flowers. There are quite a lot of them coming in but no females? I may
be overwatering. Could this be the cause?

Made baked stuffed zukes using recipe ideas here and embellished with spices
and mozzarella cheese. Despite being 20 inches of "tough" and"fibrous"
zuke, this was tender, sweet and delicious. Even the seeds were tiny and
soft. I really think this sucker could have been 3 feet long and as good.

Paul