Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Jamie D

Default Malaysian Trumpet Snails - Keeping them alive?

"LeighMo" wrote in message
It's the kuhli loaches. They wreak their havoc after the lights are out,
which is why you never see them at it.

I suspect you are right. I found this on the Aquahobby Kuhli Loach page:

Kuhli Loaches are a resilient species that, while nocturnal, will do

well at
most any time of day in a high current, high activity tank. Never had a

problem
with them being jumpers, however they are fast swimmers and love swimming

up
against a downcurrent. They are also a great way to reduce the population

of
small snails that can quickly overrun your tank.

Leigh

I have 3 kuhli loaches and more malaysian trumpet snails every day. I'd
guess about 300 at this point. I don't believe my kuhli's have discovered
the joy of escargot.

Jamie
~