Old 07-08-2010, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default New chickens - first egg!

One very small egg, the same size as the bantams normally lay, but much much
darker. I'm guessing it's from the nera, as it's not speckled, and I think
speckledy Mo should be laying speckled eggs. I presume they will get
progressively larger as she gets established.

Oddly, bluebell seems to be laying slightly speckley eggs atm, although Nick
thinks it's to do with the grit she's eating, and nothing to worry about. I
need to try not to think too much about the relationship between what a
chicken eats and the eggs we get, it makes me feel slightly less
egg-friendly at times. :-/