Old 07-08-2010, 08:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default Old Railway Sleepers Leaking Tar prevention?

On Mon, 02 Aug 2010 13:22:15 +0100, Jonathon wrote:

I have half a dozen old railay sleepers which form
raised beds leaking tar. How do I seal them?

Thank you

The cure is probably more deleterious than the condition. Provided
that you don't want to eat the produce grown therein, don't worry.
Unless, you're happy for your plants to fail.

It may not be PC/Green, but IME, old railway sleepers are best used as
fuel in some sort of solid fuel stove.

Regards
Jon(Who remembers the Miners Strike)H