Old 08-08-2010, 12:54 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default New chickens - first egg!

Donnie wrote:
Congrats, its great when they do this, we've had 3 hens in our eglu for
about 3-4 months now and they are great, they're 9 months old and
laying lovely and ones a bova nera, (dark brown egg, occasionally there
are speckles on it too)

Although on the slight down side, Nick has just found an infestation of red
spider mite thingies, and has nipped out to see what he can do with them.
Don't know if they came in with the 2 new birds, or if they were already
there (or if they've come in from the wild since the new ones).

Good advice LOL, in fact what's worse than this is when you're Golden
Retriever is being friendly and licks your face after just coming in
from the garden, and you notice that the chicken poo you were going to
clean up a minute ago has dissappeared!!

Eyww. Although actually, having seen what dogs lick most of the time ...