Old 08-08-2010, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sally Thompson[_4_] Sally Thompson[_4_] is offline

Default New chickens - first egg!

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 00:54:06 +0100, wrote
(in article ):

Donnie wrote:
Congrats, its great when they do this, we've had 3 hens in our eglu for
about 3-4 months now and they are great, they're 9 months old and
laying lovely and ones a bova nera, (dark brown egg, occasionally there
are speckles on it too)

Although on the slight down side, Nick has just found an infestation of red
spider mite thingies, and has nipped out to see what he can do with them.
Don't know if they came in with the 2 new birds, or if they were already
there (or if they've come in from the wild since the new ones).

Steam clean, Poultry Shield, Diatom. Then have a shower:-) Repeat
frequently. It's a bad year for them.

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Posted through uk.rec.gardening