Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Victor M. Martinez

Default Malaysian Trumpet Snails - Keeping them alive? and other Related Ideas

LeighMo wrote:
about CaMgCO3. The kind sold as a human health supplement. I assumed you were

It's been a long time since I dealt with inorganic (or organic for that matter)
chemistry, but I believe the above molecule does not exist. The carbonate
ion (CO3) has a charge of -2, while both the Ca and Mg ions have a charge of
+2. So, CaC03 and MgCO3 are both real molecules, but CaMgCO3 is not.
Or is it a mixture of both salts?

--
Victor M. Martinez | The University of Texas at Austin
| Department of Chemical Engineering
http://www.che.utexas.edu/~martiv | Austin, TX 78712
If we knew what we were doing it would not be called research, would it?