Old 08-08-2010, 07:58 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
David Stokes[_2_] David Stokes[_2_] is offline

Default How to Remove Plants from Pond?

My 6m x 4m, 50cm-deep butyl-lined pond was constructed four years ago. Its
a wildlife pond with no fish and no pump or filter.

The water lilies and rush are getting too large so I need to remove them;
they are mostly in baskets. But I cannot pick up the baskets cos the roots
have grown over the edge of the basket and spread across the pebble-strewn
bottom. So all the baskets and the bottom stones are all joined together.

Whats the best way of getting them up; and not involving slashing away with
a knife near the lining?!

thanks

DAvy