Old 08-08-2010, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Daddy Tadpole Daddy Tadpole is offline

Default Lousy potatoes!

There does seem to be a problem this year at least here in northern
Normandy. Don't know the cause. You can cook earlies in the microwave, but
it takes some care.

Regards

"David in Normandy" a écrit dans le message
de . fr...
On 08/08/2010 18:47, alan.holmes wrote:
Dug up a few first earlies, when they were cooked, they just broke down
into
a mess, tried some more but just at 20 minutes boiling, they also broke
down
not quite as much as the first lot, so, tried some second earlies, again
boiling them for just 20 minutes, but they were not solid either!

So what is the problem?

Is it a lack of water/rain, I have watered the plants occassionaly, not
every day, and as I am on a water meter I cannot soak them for a long
time!

1) Boiled too long? When I boil potatoes I stick a fork in periodically to
see if they are cooked. I never boil for a set time.

2) Boiling them too hard? So they are bouncing around in the pan and more
likely to break up when they are close to cooked.

--
David in Normandy.
by a filter and not reach my inbox.