Old 08-08-2010, 10:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default More courgette uses

In article ,
David in Normandy wrote:

Can fully grown marrows be kept over Winter? The last time I tried they
turned to mush - but they probably caught a frost being stored in the
garage.

To some extent, but they don't keep brilliantly well. Harder C. pepo
squashes like Little Gem keep a lot better, and C. maxima (hubbards)
better yet. My Little Gem tend to rot in February or March, and the
latter keep for a couple of months after that.

Of course, they have to be THOROUGHLY ripe, so need to be kept on a
sunny windowsil or similar throighout autumn.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.