Old 09-08-2010, 04:23 AM posted to sci.bio.botany
AndyS[_2_] AndyS[_2_] is offline

Default ID this garden weed please?

On Aug 8, 9:04*pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
I assumed that it wasn't Urtica dioica, as you would presumably have
noticed the stings, and therefore some North American relative, but I
see that Wikipedia says that Pilea pumila is often mistaken for nettle.

Yes, it's a non-stinging nettle relative. I feel pretty dumb, because
there were nettles growing in the vicinity. But I didn't make the
connection. Oh well, I'm not botanist. :-)

-AndyS