Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Greenhouse glazing

In article ,
brooklyn1 wrote:

On Sun, 08 Aug 2010 21:31:14 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Jeff Thies wrote:

On 8/5/2010 10:47 AM, wrote:
cats claws and poly?????
polycarbonate maybe. it does bend just not a whole lot.

Some parts of the world, NZ for one, polycarb film seems to be
readily available. Not in Atlanta though, I'll look some more.

Jeff

Try the clear plastic in the painting department.

Weather and UV will cause those cheapo painter's drop cloths to
significantly decay in less than 90 days. My frugal tenant used one
over her little rabbit hutch as winter protection, decayed to shreds
in short order. Try he
http://www.teksupply.com/farm/supplies/home

http://www.professionalplastics.com/POLYFILM
Polyethylene Film (aka Visqueen, painters plastic, etc.):
Professional Plastics supplies a full-range of polyethylene film
products used in household & commercial applications including
construction & painting.
Standard rolls are available in both clear & black.
Available Thicknesses: .001", .002", .003", .004", .006", .008", .010",
..015", .020"
Available Widths: 3ft, 4ft, 6ft, 8 ft, 10ft, 20 ft, 40ft
Available Lengths: 50 ft, 100 ft, 200 ft & 400 ft

The above goes with
http://westsidegardener.com/howto/hoophouse.html
--
- Billy