Old 09-08-2010, 05:45 PM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Could It Soon Be Against The Law To Have A Home Garden In The U.S. ???

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
Higgs Boson wrote:

On Aug 7, 2:15*pm, BB
m wrote:
(EVP MAN) wrote
:

Only time will tell but this bill and Monsanto will sure hurt
the little guy!

http://www.nwofighters.org/senate-bi...t-illegal-to-g
row-share-trade-or-sell-homegrown-food/

Monsanto isn't necessarily evil (though, some of what they do
causes me a little concern...)

Yes they ARE "evil". You need to read independent sources that field
dedicated investigative reporters, like newspapers used to have in the
good old days.

Now there's not much left in the alternative press that is not nut-
fringe political.

One of the few remaining investigative journals is dear old "Mother
Jones" magazine.
What they dig up on a nothing budget puts the well-funded biggies to
shame.
They've won many top journalistic awards for their reporting.

A story they ran on Monsanto a few years ago still give me chills.
If I can find it, I'll summarize. but briefly: In poor country "x"
they took
over water such that the peasants, who used to draw from their own
wells, have to BUY bottled water from Monsanto! These are people
who can barely feed their children, much less buy bottled water
for fear of using their own.

And what Monsanto has done in the "developing" world, forcing
farmers to buy new seed every year instead of taking their own
seed (as farmers have done for millennia) is a CRIME!

These are horrible, horrible exploiters. But of course they're so
wired into the Congressional whorehouse that they can get away
almost literally with murder.

And I can't take any person who believes in the poorly-defined "New
World Order" seriously. *There's just no clear evidence for it; as
far as I can tell it's all just conspiracy theories...

Most of it probably is. Hoi Polloi in America is so ignorant, it's
frightening.

On a more substantial point: There is blindingly clear evidence for
the corporate takeover of
our country. Started big-time perhaps 30-35 years ago, and until the
last election, was
zipping along in full control. (Katrina; Gulf spill; Iraq,
Afghanistan; Wall Street -- the latter of which,
may I remind you, suppurated under Bush and even some Clinton, during
the years when nobody
was minding the regulatory store.)

Now Obama is making feeble gestures, but he's not the leader people
hoped for,
listening to those dynamic campaign speeches.

[...]

H.B.

I found this science fiction book an excellent read. "The Windup Girl by
Paolo Bacigalupi". In the future, companies were genetically engineering
blights that would destroy heirloom fruits and vegetables. They would
have their own versions of food sources that would be resistant to the
diseases that they created and they controlled the seed stocks to their
sterile plants. These corporations were rich and powerful.

The Windup Girl [Hardcover], ISBN-10: 1597801577

Fiction... can have an insight to a real future.

YES! Corporations can be EVIL!

There was a time too, that I didn't think Americans would kill a couple
of dozen people, to kill one suspected "terrorist.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude