Old 09-08-2010, 03:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Order to eat things

Janet wrote:
" We don't like courgettes; what are they?"
" I wouldn't know how to cook them"

Those I've had from my nan. I think I traumatised her with a utternut
squash once - told her how to cook it, but apparently she spent 3 hours with
a potato peeler trying to peel it, instead of just taking a sharp knife to
it! (or, in fact, leaving it a week or 4 to ripen a bit more)

"My husband won't eat anything green or foreign".

"Foreign muck" is my nan's response to pasta. It's very depressing, really.
I'm sure she would like it if she tried it, and it would be a lot better for
her than her current reliance on roast dinners!

I offered the latter person some perfect new potatoes and she replied
"he won't eat anything with dirt on it, either".

"So wash them then!"