Old 09-08-2010, 10:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default New chickens - first egg!

Christina Websell wrote:
When the mites come out at night,to bite the roosting chicken that has
been dusted, the mites will die. That was the advice of our vet

That has not been my experience. Redmites need serious insecticide

Well, Nick has dusted them and neem oiled them (my were the chickens unhappy
with that!) and we took the torch out to see what was going on.
As far as we can tell, there is definitely a cut in numbers, and there are a
lot of dead looking ones. But they are by no means gone.