Old 20-04-2003, 06:12 AM
Jamie D

Default Malaysian Trumpet Snails - Keeping them alive?

"Allen Smith" wrote in message
om...
You are the only one with a differing opinion on how kuhli loaches
are. May I ask your tank size, and perhaps that matter with the
survival rate if the MTS? 300 MTS is quite a bit, i think, I'd
estimate a good 100 in my 20 gallon tank.

I have 3 kuhli loaches and more malaysian trumpet snails every day. I'd
guess about 300 at this point. I don't believe my kuhli's have

discovered
the joy of escargot.

Jamie
~

Sure. The tank with the kuhli's is a 20 gallon H, CO2 injected, pH 6.4,
Ammonia and Nitrites 0, Nitrates around 3 ppm. Perhaps 300 MTS is somewhat
of an exaggeration - but it's a lot. I see around 25 - 50 at any given time
during the day, so I assume there's at least 3 times that many under the
gravel. And I'm positive - the kuhlis do not eat them.

Jamie
~