Old 10-08-2010, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jill Bell[_3_] Jill Bell[_3_] is offline

Default Help Identiying Roots in Grass

On 10/08/2010 12:14, MarkRHughes wrote:
I've a problem with runaway roots growing in my grass but have been
unable to work out what they are. I thought initially is might be
Japanese Knotweed but now im not so sure. Can anyone help me?

It's coming under my rear garden fence from a public footpath which
seperates my garden from a wooded area behind.
Some of the roots are a good inch in diameter and if you cut them or mow
them they just come back. Attached is an image..

How do i remove it / kill it?

Have a look at:
http://www.defra.gov.uk/wildlife-pet...e/knotweed.htm

and
http://www.cornwall.gov.uk/default.aspx?page=13789

NB - the environment agency links don't work