Old 11-08-2010, 12:02 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
David Stokes[_2_] David Stokes[_2_] is offline

Default How to Remove Plants from Pond?

Stephen Wolstenholme wrote in
:

On Sun, 8 Aug 2010 14:58:59 EDT, David Stokes wrote:

The water lilies and rush are getting too large so I need to remove
them;

Do you actually need to remove them? Why not just "prune" the
excessive growth.

Steve

The waterlilies are producing fewer flowers each year and too much foliage
for the size of the pond. So I had in mind to bring up their baskets and
then chop up the rhizomes - replanting only the younger growths. Does that
sound right?

DAvy