Old 11-08-2010, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Aminopyralid in manure

"Janet Tweedy" wrote
Bob Hobden writes
Recently I have noticed others have started to use the contaminated manure
as they feel the chemical will have leached out by now, with no rain this
year?

It still gives rise to contorted tomatoes. I know 2 people who had some
but left it for a full12 months and used it this year trialling tomatoes.
They were distorted at first but after the first one or two sets of fruit
the leaves seemed to be growing okay, maybe the plants had got their roots
through the manure and into the proper soil?

But would you want to eat any fruit off them? I certainly would not.
That's one of the main reasons we have an allotment, so we know what's in/on
our food.
--
Regards
Bob Hobden