Old 11-08-2010, 09:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Cost of sprinkler system? ? ?

On Wed, 11 Aug 2010 16:22:12 -0400, "Ray"
wrote:

I realize that I'm asking a question that has a thousand variable answers,
but I'd like to get some general idea of the cost of an automatic sprinkler
system for our front lawn which is about "average" size.

There is no such thing as an "average" size lawn. Price for auto
sprinkers is a product of square footage and configuration... a small
lawn with many twists, turns, and separate areas can cost a lot more
than a large lawn configured in a simple box shape... a lot of cost
differential is based on the quality level of controls and sprinkler
heads. And then there is the issue of water pressure/volume. Your
best route is to get a few estimates... and ask about
maintainence/repairs too.