Old 12-08-2010, 12:51 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Extreme newbie needs tools recommendations

RPS wrote:
I am looking for recommendations for best value in gardening tools,
above Home Depot level but not the absolutely best and priciest. I
already have a good shovel and watering arrangement, but need the
following -

Pruner: At Amazon I shortlisted Coronas. Also found a Bahco for $12
plus shipping.

Folding Hand saw, 5"-7": Felco, Corona, Fiskar, ARS?

Trowel:

Cultivator:

I don't have a short-list in these categories but am awars of brands
like Radius, Fiskar, Corona, Ames, etc.

Thanks for all help.

Re trowel and cultivator I have some that are cast aluminium all through
with a polymer grip. They are very solid, polished and comfortable. These
will not break with sensible use and above all will not rust. They were
cheap about AU$6 each. I have given up on the pressed mild steel with a
coat of paint type that bend and rust. With something like this brand is
not important as you can see what you are getting. I may have to replace
the grip in some years time - nothing is perfect.

David