Old 12-08-2010, 12:49 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default How to Remove Plants from Pond?

On Tue, 10 Aug 2010 19:02:04 EDT, David Stokes wrote:

The waterlilies are producing fewer flowers each year and too much foliage
for the size of the pond. So I had in mind to bring up their baskets and
then chop up the rhizomes - replanting only the younger growths. Does that
sound right?

DAvy

Yes, replant the growing ends at the far side of the basket, as it will
grow across the basket. I put 2 ends in each of my baskets that are
14"X18", some take 2 years to grow across, others need repotting every
year. Depending on your basket size, you might be able to get more ends in.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us