Old 13-08-2010, 11:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
Cheryl Isaak Cheryl Isaak is offline

Default What kind of pruner do I want?!

On 8/13/10 12:13 AM, in article , "RPS"
wrote:

OK, here is a beginner question to get you guys amused: What is the
difference between various pruner types, e.g., Anvil and Bypass? What
kind does a serious beginner want, which is not an overkill but also
won't need replacing next year?

Are you talking hand or long handle? I generally prefer bypass on all but
the tiniest branches in hand pruners. I've had a set of blade and anvil
style long handled pruners and HATED them. Stick to the bypass for long
handled ones

You should consider buying a set of each in a moderate price range and
deciding which you like better.

And get a pair of shears/scissors too - come fall clean up, those will gets
lots of use.

Cheryl