Old 13-08-2010, 09:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Help needed identifying plant

In message , ugo82
writes

Hi

My neighbour needs help identifying a plant. It has grown in the place
where they used to have a compost heap along with some other random
plants although no one in the area can seem to tell her what it is.

I have included some pictures, 01 is a picture of the flower that
appears on the plant. This then dies off and is replaced by a hairy
looking thing that is pictured in 02. Finally, 03 is a picture of the
whole plant.

Any help would be appreciated as it seems to be driving my neighbours
mad not knowing what it is!

Thorn apple (Datura stramonium). It is one of the more poisonous plants
out there. (If I understand correctly it's in the same range as deadly
nightshade and hemlock.)

Thanks

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley